Accessing F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Web Console remotely on Server Core for Windows
You cannot access F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Web Console remotely on Server Core for Windows Server 2008.
The F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Web Console access is, by default, restricted to the local host only. You need to modify the webui.cnf file to allow remote connections. Also, you need to add the appropriate rule to the firewall of Windows Core Server.
To solve the issue:
- Log into the Windows Server Core 2008 with your local administrator account.
- Go to the F-Secure Web Console installation directory:
cd %ProgramFiles%\F-Secure\Web User Interface\bin\.
- Open the webui.cnf configuration file in Notepad:
- Add the following entry to the Connections section:
Allowed2 = [ip-address]. The ip_address is the address of the host that is allowed to connect to the Web Console. If you want to allow connections from any host, replace the IP address with an asterisk (*).
- Restart the Web Console service for the setting to take effect:
net stop "F-Secure WebUI daemon"
net start "F-Secure WebUI daemon"
- To allow remote access to the Web Console, create a firewall rule for the Windows Firewall by using netsh:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Web Console Remote Access" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=25023