This article describes how you can take screenshots which you can then attach to your support request.
When you contact technical support, it is often useful for the technical support to see, e.g. the error message as it appears on your screen. Screenshots enable our technical support to help you solve your issue faster and more efficiently.
To take a screenshot, do as follows:
- Find the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It can also be labeled as "Prnt Scrn", "Print Sc", or similar. On a standard keyboard layout, the key is at the upper right-hand corner of your keyboard.
- To take a snapshot of your entire screen or a specific window, do one of the following:
- Press Alt + Print Screen to copy the currently active window to the clipboard.
- Press Print Screen to copy the entire screen to the clipboard.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint to start the Windows Paint program.
- Select Paste from the Edit menu. Your screenshot appears on the canvas.
- Save the screenshot file.
Now you can attach the file to your technical support request.
Tip: The easiest way to take a screenshot in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 is to use the Snipping Tool which can be found by clicking Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool.