Cleaning a Java cache folder
This article describes how you can clean a Java cache folder.
Cleaning the folder
In some rare cases, a few infected files and archives with infected files are detected inside Java cache folder. To remove the infection, empty the cache folder as follows:
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click the Java icon to open the Java Control Panel. (Don't know where to find Java Control Panel?)
- Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files. The Temporary Files Settings dialog is displayed.
- Click the Delete Files button. The Delete Files and Applications dialog is displayed.
- Select the check boxes and click OK.
As this folder only contains cached files, no actual data is lost in the operation.
Warning: Be careful when deleting files. Make sure that you are deleting files inside the Java cache folder only. Otherwise you may damage your system.