Locked out after an update

Leafedge
Leafedge Posts: 1 New Member
edited December 2022 in F-Secure ID Protection

My ID PROTECTION subsctiption has ended, but I've still continued to use the app on Windows 10. It seems ID PROTECTION did an update, and now states that I need to renew my subscríption to finish the installation. It's quite ironic, as I need the account details stored in the app to renew my subscription.

Luckily the Android app still works, but imagine someone having only the Windows app and this happening to them. Sure, the gimmick for ID PROTECTION is monitoring your account details and the synchronisation between devices, but I'd imagine the password vault to be more important to quite a few customers, and getting locked out would be a major hurdle.

Accepted Answer

• Amirul
    Amirul Posts: 161 F-Secure Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Leafedge

Thank you for reaching out to F-Secure Community.

My ID PROTECTION subsctiption has ended, but I've still continued to use the app on Windows 10. It seems ID PROTECTION did an update, and now states that I need to renew my subscríption to finish the installation. It's quite ironic, as I need the account details stored in the app to renew my subscription.

Due to the subscription ended, when the update is performed it does the subscription verification hence why during the checking it asks for you to renew to continue using the subscription.

Luckily the Android app still works, but imagine someone having only the Windows app and this happening to them. Sure, the gimmick for ID PROTECTION is monitoring your account details and the synchronisation between devices, but I'd imagine the password vault to be more important to quite a few customers, and getting locked out would be a major hurdle.

We understand your concern but rest assured that our utmost priority is to secure our customer information. The security of the F-Secure ID Protection is explained in this article below:

How the app uses double encryption to store data | ID PROTECTION | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

How we handle anonymity in the app | ID PROTECTION | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

We do offer the option to backup and export the vault data information in case of any unforeseen circumstances that might happen: Importing and exporting passwords | ID PROTECTION | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

In case of a forgotten master password, the only option available for you to access your vault data on F-Secure ID Protection is by using the recovery code. F-Secure will not be able to reset your master password. You may refer to the article below:

Creating a recovery code for the master password | ID PROTECTION | Latest | F-Secure User Guides

We would like our customer feel safe storing their personal information on the application and respect the privacy of our customer hence why the security measure taken on this application.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info