Why is there an F-Secure Safe subscription after signing-up for an account?

phunsoft
phunsoft Posts: 7 Observer

Hi,

I registered an account to be able to use the support forum. After login, there is - all over a sudden - some obscure F-Secure SAFE free 30 days subscription (expiring Nov 26th). Why is that: I am and have been an F-Secure IS user for many year. I only subscribed to use the forum.

Regards

Peter

Accepted Answer

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser
    Answer ✓

Hello,

After login, there is - all over a sudden - some obscure F-Secure SAFE free 30 days subscription (expiring Nov 26th).

Maybe good to know. Where you find it? Is it email received with this information. Or you tried to login under my.f-secure.com?

Perhaps, when you created an account for Community / Forum purpose - this account is unified between your My F-Secure Account (solutions) and Community account. However, probably (but I am only an F-Secure user - and not really sure), the trial for F-Secure SAFE should started only after first login under the other page than F-Secure Community (forum) login.

Why is that: I am and have been an F-Secure IS user for many year. I only subscribed to use the forum.

If you tried to use its portal (my.f-secure.com) and login - could you check any settings and options about. If there is no 'autorenewal' or you did not provide any card credentials during registration - then after thirty days - trial subscription will be expired and you are with no chargers about.

You could also try to contact their Official Support Channels there: Contact support | F-Secure (for example, web-chat).

They can help clarify the situation, sort out the trial subscription and get rid of it (if it is not required; and save the trial option for future), and at the same time keep the Community account (if this is possible).

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info