F-Secure Safe / Internet Security / Anti-Virus Integrity check fails during installation on Microsof

This discussion has a more recent version.

Issue:

F-Secure SAFE / Internet Security / Anti-Virus Installation failed when running the installer with error "Integrity check failed"

Resolution:

Please make sure that your Windows username does not contain non-unicode characters since the sidegrade feature in the installer only supports unicode characters. If the Windows username includes non-unicode characters, the integrity check will fail.

If your Windows username does not contain non-unicode characters please continue with the steps below.

1. Run the F-Secure Uninstallation tool: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/uninstallationtool/FsUninstallationTool.exe

2. Check for updates in Windows 10

1. Open Start Menu 
  2. Click on Settings > Update & Security settings > Windows Update
  3. Here, press on the Check for updates button. If any updates are available, they will be offered to you and make sure all install successfully
3. Try the F-Secure SAFE installation again: 
  1. Log into your My F-Secure account: https://my.f-secure.com/login
  2. Click Add device
  3. Choose "Mine or My child's Device"
  4. Choose device type (the system recognizes your device type by default) 
  5. Click on Download for Windows
  6. Once download completed, click on the download F-Secure Safe Network installer
  7. When the installer launches, click Continue
  8. Click on Accept and Install to run the installation
  9. When the GUI shows the  text "Your computer is protected" the installation is complete
or proceed with the installation of F-Secure Internet Security / F-Secure Anti-Virus:
  1. Go to the Download F-Secure Products page
  2. Select your product F-Secure Internet Security or F-Secure Anti-Virus from the list, and click Download for Windows
  3. Depending on your browser:
    • The installer file downloads automatically; or
    • You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save File
  4. Press Ctrl + J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file
  5. Double-click the installer file (F-SecureNetworkInstaller.exe) to run it
  6. When prompted, type in your subscription key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) to continue the installation

If the problem still persist, please try to use a different Browser to download the installer and make you sure, you are not using any internet connection filter.

Article no: 000002682