Files detected as "Password Protected" when scanning them on Linux Security
When I run the command fsav [path/file] the command returns "ERROR: Password protected file"
"Treat password-protected files as safe" setting on WEBUI has been disabled. This means that a message of "Password protected file" will be output every time such files are being scanned.
By default, the setting is enabled which means that any password protected files are considered to be safe and the scan result will always show as "clean". To revert;
- Login to WEBUI
- Click on "Advanced mode"
- Go to "Virus Protection" > "Real-time Scanning"
- Enable the "Treat password protected archives as safe" setting
- Click on the "Save" button at the right bottom of the page.
- For Manual Scans, go to "Virus Protection" > "Manual Scanning"
- Enable the "Treat password protected archives as safe"
- Click on "Save" button
Article no: 000017212