F-Secure product installation fails with error "Could not validate the server certificates and creat
This discussion has a more recent version.
- I verified that Windows has the latest updates installed, but still F-Secure product installation fails due to error "Could not validate the server certificates and create a secure connection to the service. Make sure that your Windows has the latest updates and try again.". What can I do?
- The installation fails with error: "The certificates from the server could not be verified, make sure that the windows updates are installed."
- The certificates of the download server could not be verified. Make sure you have the latest windows updates and try again.
The error is typically caused when Windows updates are disabled. Make sure that Windows updates are installed.
- If the issue persists, there may be some problems adding the needed certificate from third party Root Certification Authorities store. F-Secure currently uses the Digicert Root CA. You can try to install the certificate manually from: https://www.digicert.com/CACerts/DigiCertGlobalRootCA.crt
- If choosing the local machine (all users) option does't fix it, try to adding the cert to the user's profile option instead.
- DNS can also be the reason, so try using Google DNS 22.214.171.124 (and 126.96.36.199) and see if it solves the issue. You can check this by using ping to guts2.sp.f-secure.com if it times out, change to Google DNS.
This problem can be fixed by enabling the automatic root certificate updates via Group Policy: Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Internet Communication Management / Internet Communication settings / Turn off Automatic Root Certificate Update, which need to be set as Not Configured or Disabled.
Note: that name of the feature starts with "Turn off" so when it is enabled, it prevents the Windows from automatically downloading the needed new root certificates.
If these fail to fix the problem, next solution is to do a clean install of Windows, so that certificates are updated.
Article no: 000002105