Can I reset my forgotten F-Secure KEY master password if I still have fingerprint access?
I can login to F-Secure KEY with fingerprint access, but I have forgotten my master password. How can I change the password?
Yes, you can. If you have generated the recovery code to reset your master password, you can use that that for access.
If you have not created the QR-code for recovering it, do it the following way:
- Open F-Secure KEY
- Login using your fingerprint access
- Go to menu
- Tap Settings
- Choose Create recovery code
- Use fingerprint access to confirm
- Choose Save picture
- Close and re-open KEY
- Choose Forgot Master password?
- Tap Import image, and select the code image from Photos/Gallery.
- Your Master Password appears on the screen.
- Tap Log in.
Article no: 000019857