How do I use the standalone Support Tool to send an FSDIAG file on Windows?
If you have technical problems with your security product, our customer support may ask you to create and send an FSDIAG file to our technical support. The file contains information that can be used for troubleshooting and solving problems specific to your computer.
You can create the file by using Support Tool. The tool gathers information about your system and its configuration. The information includes product details, operating system logs and system settings. Part of the information may be confidential. The gathered information is stored in a file which is saved on your computer desktop. The collection of information may take several minutes.
- Go to the Support Tools page on our website.
- Under Support tool (FSDIAG) for Windows, select Download and save the
fsdiag_standalone.exefile, for example in your Downloads folder.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click the
Note: You need administrative rights to run Support Tool.
- In the Support Tool dialog, select Run diagnostics. The tool starts gathering information. It creates the output file on your desktop. The name of the archive file is fsdiag.zip. Note that the size of the file is usually less than 10 MB but, with corporate users, the file size may be as large as 100 MB.
- Once you have been contacted by our customer support via email, attach the FSDIAG file to your email response.
Our email message contains the ticket ID of your support request. Please save the ticket ID as you may need it later for reference.