How to install F-secure SAFE on child's Android phone with Family Rules?
Customer inquired on how to install F-Secure Safe on his/her child's Android without having them to login using their email and password on the child's device.
Below are the steps on how to send the installation link either via Email or SMS.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password on your computer or any device
- Once logged in, click/tap Add device.
- Select My child's device, and click/tap Continue.
- Then when Choose device type window appears, tap on Phone Android/iphone
- Click Continue, then you shall see 'Send SAFE installation link to your child's device via email or SMS'.
- Here you can choose to send by email or Send by SMS.
- Once key in the details to Send by email or Send by SMS , click Send.
- The installation link will be send accordingly.
Or you can directly install from PlayStore:
- Using your child's Android, open the PlayStore
- Tap Search
- Type SAFE Internet Security & Mobile Antivirus in the search box
- Under SAFE Internet Security & Mobile Antivirus, tap Get
- Tap Open
- Tap Accept and allow all the upcoming notifications
- Tap Log in
- Enter your My F-Secure email and password (main user's)
- Tap Log in
- Tap Installing for a child? at the bottom
- Enter the name and age
- App control: choose whether each app (new or already existing) should be,
- Always allowed
- When ready, tap Next.
- Time limits: Time limits allow you to control when and for how long your child can use SAFE browser.
- To set the daily use limits, tap Edit (pencil icon) and slide the slider to the desired time length for weekdays and weekends. Once done, tap the Tick icon to save the settings.
- To set bedtime (prevent device use during night-time), tap Edit (pencil icon) and specify the time frame for school nights and weekends. Once done, tap the Tick icon.
- Tap Next.
- Content filtering:
Content filtering blocks certain types of website content when browsing with the Safe Browser.
- Select by checking the boxes the content categories you want to block for your child.
- Tap Next.
- Almost ready. Tap Next
- Family Rules needs device administrator permissions to protect your child from harmful content. Press Continue
- Press Activate to grant F-Secure SAFE the device administrator permissions
- HUAWEI ONLY: If the mobile phone has Ultra power saving mode, in the next step you need to:
- Tap Settings
- Enable Ultra power saving mode
- While in this mode, tap an empty square and add F-Secure SAFE. When it's activated, press the right hand corner to exit the mode.
- Return back to the program
- Tap Next
- Press Continue if you started F-Secure SAFE in Ultra power saving mode successfully
- Press continue under Turn on accessibility
- Scroll down, choose F-Secure SAFE and activate it with the switch, then press OK
- Press Finish
- Your child's device is now protected
Article no: 000005445