New features and improvements in F-Secure Protection Service for Business from July to Dec 2019
We have recently added new features to F-Secure Protection Service for Business that streamline the daily operations for PSB admins while giving more granular control to many other features.
These new additions include some great enhancements to Software Updater, Device Control, and Profile settings for new devices.
Improvements and new features in Software Updater
- Software Updater no longer forces a reboot on servers, giving more control for admins to schedule server maintenance.
- Software Updater has improved the way it handles reboot requests. Software Updater now continues to install updates, even if a reboot is requested by one of the updates; this means that even if there is no reboot on the server, Software Updater continues to work and install the next updates. This is an improvement to the previous versions when Software Updater stopped and waited for a reboot.
- In Profiles, you can now hide all reboot dialogs and notifications on servers, as well as on workstations. This is also useful on terminal servers.
- We have now enabled scheduled updates to be installed next time the computer resumes or restarts, depending on the settings. In the previous versions, Software Updater waited for the next scheduled update.
- You can now ignore certain applications by excluding them from a scan.
- Viewing and managing server updates was enhanced by adding a local user interface.
Improvements and new features in Device Control:
- More device information is now more readily available. With this information, admins can apply filters on the device tab to narrow the list of devices they are interested in.
- In addition, we have introduced a new filter in profiles to exclude unneeded devices.
Every connected device has more detailed data such as compatible IDs, hardware IDs, device class, and device class description. In particular, device class and hardware ID can be used to create rules more easily for a class (for example, a mouse or graphics card) or for a model of devices applying to multiple devices.
The Connected devices tab now has a real-time filter for the connected devices.
The Device control profile settings has a new feature to filter unneeded devices. The devices that are not filtered out are not shown on the list of connected devices.
Improvements and new features in Profiles:
- A new toggle was added to the general profile settings that allows admins to use a proxy connection instead of a direct connection. Previously, if the client did not find the proxy, it resorted to using a direct connection instead. With this new feature, the client resumes the proxy connection to save company bandwidth.
- Selecting the number of devices has been considerably increased to enable more efficient management and apply a remote operation to all of them at the same time.
For the PSB change log, see here.