Why is Banking Protection activating even if I'm not on a bank page?
F-Secure Banking Protection is activating randomly in the browser even when user is not on a banking site.
1. Make sure there are no banking sites listed in the "Top Pages" or "Favorites" menu when opening a new tab on a browser. Browsers can cache the favorite and most visited websites in the background and if F-Secure Banking Protection detects a banking URL, it will be activated. Also make sure that there are no banking websites pinned to your browser.
Here are instructions to manage the content of the New Tab page in different browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox :https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hide-or-display-content-new-tab
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95314?hl=en
- Internet Explorer: https://answers.microsoft.com/
2. It is possible that a site you visit contains ads related to banking sites which can cause the banking protection to trigger.
3. Check if the F-Secure Browsing Protection add-on / extension is installed and activated in browser you are using.
Here are instructions how to manage add-ons / extensions in different browsers:
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769?hl=en
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17447/windows-internet-explorer-11-manage-add-ons
4. Try clearing the history and cookies from your browser.
Article no: 000001898