I receive unwanted Chrome notification pop-ups even though I have an F-secure program installed
Why I do keep receiving notifications pop-ups from, as an example easyspeedtest.com on my Windows 10 computer?
Is my computer infected? I have already run a full computer scan but no harmful items were found.
These notifications are not infections or viruses on your computer, thus F-secure will not detect or delete them.
Usually when you get these notification pop-ups, you've visited a website that asks you to either allow or block its notifications, and you've selected allow. After this the site will keep sending you notifications.
You can disable this from your browser.
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More
- Choose Settings
- At the bottom, click Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings
- Click Notifications
- Choose to block specific or all notifications:
- Block all: Turn off Ask before sending.
- Block a site: Next to "Block," click Add > Enter the site and click Add
You may also try the steps below to remove Chrome ads notification as Windows 10 comes with the function to show ads.
- Search for Settings in Windows
- Click on System
- Click on Notifications & actions
- Under "Get notifications from these senders", if you can see Chrome > Turn it Off
Article no: 000008090