How will F-Secure Server Security and Client Security clients receive updates if the Policy Manager
How will F-Secure Server Security and Client Security clients receive virus definition updates, if the Policy Manager Server is temporarily unreachable?
The client can be set to automatically switch over to the F-Secure Update Server if the Policy Manager Server is unreachable. The client will try for at least one hour (default) or more to reach the designated Policy Manager Server or Policy Manager Proxy. If the client is not able to reach the Policy Manager Server or the Policy Manager Proxy, it will then try to connect to the F-Secure Update Server instead to download the updates.
Important: The host on which the F-Secure Client Security or Server Security is installed, must be able to reach required F-Secure domain: http://guts2.sp.f-secure.com
To change this setting, follow these steps:
- Log on to your F-Secure Policy Manager Console
- Select the Policy domain or Host / where you want to edit the policy on
- Switch to the Advanced view
- Navigate to F-Secure Automatic Update Agent > Settings > Communication > Allow fetching updates from F-Secure Update Server = Yes
- To adjust the time until this failover is used, modify the setting here: F-Secure Automatic Update Agent > Settings > Communication > Intermediate Server failover time
- Distribute the policy
Article no: 000004400