Windows Firewall status is red with error message: "Windows Defender firewall is not using the recom
- Windows Firewall status is red with error message: "Windows Defender firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer"
- The Windows Firewall state is set to: ON
- Incoming connections setting is set to: Allow all connections to apps that are not on the list of blocked apps
If Windows Firewall is showing its status as red with message: "Windows Defender Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer". This is due to the settings of the Unknown inbound and outbound connections from the F-Secure Client Security 14 firewall profile.
In order to resolve the issue follow these steps:
- Open the Policy Manager console
- Select the host or domain from the Domain Tree
- Go to the Settings tab
- Browse to the Firewall menu
- Ensure the value under "Profile being edited" is the correct profile
- Set the value of the Unknown inbound connections and Unknown outbound connections to Block
- Distribute the profile (ctrl +D)
Article no: 000018337