Server Security has scanning errors and causing performance and hanging issues on virtual servers
- Server Security has scanning errors and causing performance and hanging issues on virtual servers.
- Application event log shows error: "The description for Event ID 301 from source FSecure-FSecure Application-F-Secure Anti-Virus cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."
- Issue has started on one or more virtual servers at the same time.
- Lynx.log shows following error: W: ComTransaction::GetResult: Exception: Type: fs::BaseException, Reason: invalid status code 500, Function: fs::rs::AbstractTransaction<class fs::rs::Icap>::getResult, File: "c:\\workspace\\workspace\\spt_lynx\\src\\fsciapi\\svce_common\\transaction.h", Line: 235
F: ComTransaction::GetResult: Creating a new transaction failed.
On virtual servers the scanning is often offloaded to a Scanning and Reputation Server (SRS) to minimize the performance impact. If you have an Scanning and Reputation Server in use, the Event ID 301 error on the client side can be caused by an Scanning and Reputation Server that is having issues.
Restart the Scanning and Reputation Server to see if it helps:
- Open the virtual machine console
- Log in to go to the Admin menu
- Select 6 to reboot or shut down the appliance
- The Power management menu opens
- Choose: Select 1 to restart the server
If a new installation of the Scanning and Reputation Server does not fix the issue, troubleshoot issues on the server where you have installed the Scanning and Reputation Server.
Article no: 000017702