How can I reset the host UID for Policy Manager Proxy?
When using image files to distribute product installations, how can I reset the host UID for Policy Manager Proxy to prevent duplicate hosts appearing in Policy Manager?
If you use image files to distribute product installations, you need to make sure that there are no unique ID conflicts. For Policy Manager Proxy this can be prevented by following the steps below:
- Stop F-Secure Policy Manager Server service:
- Linux: [/etc/init.d/fspms stop]
- Windows: [net stop fsms]
- Remove following two files:
- <F-Secure Installation Folder>\Management Server 5\data\h2db\fspms.h2.db
- <F-Secure Installation Folder>\Management Server 5\data\fspms.jks
- Use fspmp-enroll-tls-certificate script to generate proxy node certificate. Run the script and authenticate yourself as root administrator of the Master Policy Manager:
- Linux: /opt/f-secure/fspms/bin/fspmp-enroll-tls-certificate
- Windows: <F-Secure Installation Folder>/Management Server 5/bin/fspmp-enroll-tls-certificate.bat
- Start F-Secure Policy Manager Server service:
- Linux: [/etc/init.d/fspms start]
- Windows: [net start fsms]
Article no: 000016987