Windows system hanging or freezing after F-Secure Ultralight Core Update 2019-10-01_01
- Windows Server operating system with Server Security 14.00 installed is hanging
- Windows Desktop operating system with Client Security 13.00 or newer installed is hanging
UPDATE: The issue related to F-Secure Ultralight Core Update 2019-10-01_01 has now been fixed in the latest Ultralight Core Update, which is available as an automatic update by name F-Secure Ultralight Core Update 2019-10-22_01.
However, if you are still facing similar issues after the update fix, this may happen if F-Secure product have F-Secure Security Cloud Client enabled, but don't have access allowed to fsapi.com address.
To resolve this issue, make sure that you have allowed access to fsapi.com from your environment.
In case you have isolated environment, or otherwise cannot allow access to fsapi.com, disable F-Secure Security Cloud Client via Policy Manager Console:
- Log in to Policy Manager Console.
- Go to Settings tab.
- Select Advanced view.
- Navigate to: F-Security Security Cloud Client > Settings > Client is enabled.
- Select No from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the setting is locked.
- Distribute policies (CTRL-D).
Article no: 000016583