Messaging Security Gateway - Sender receives permerror email notification
Email messages are delivered but the sender gets an empty permerror email notification from MSG.
The PermError condition means the sender published SPF record could not be verified. Permerror are usually caused by an incorrect SPF syntax or format error in the SPF record.
You may advise the sender to ensure their SPF record is set up correctly and does not have any extra spaces or unrecognizable characters in the DNS TXT record.
To prevent the sender from getting the same message, please follow these instructions:
1. Logon to your MSG admin web user interface.
2. Click Email Protection tab.
3. Expand Email Authentication > SPF > Rules.
4. Click on the Edit Rule option of SPF Permanent Error.
5. Under Dispositions, untick the "Reply to sender based on detected language" check box.
By disabling the option, senders should not receive the e-mail notification. If you want to use that option, leave the check box ticked and write some message in the Subject and Message field.
Article no: 000016530