How do I run a manual scan using the command line on F-Secure Server Security 14.x or Client Securit
How do I run a manual scan using the command line on F-Secure Server Security 14.x or Client Security 14.x?
The command line option to execute a manual scan can be either used to run a scan on-demand. Additionally the command and the arguments can be used to fill the "Generic" scheduled scan task specific parameters.
To run the task locally via command line:
- Press the Windows button
- Search for cmd.exe and press Enter
- Navigate to your F-Secure client's installation directory (for example: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\)
- For Client Security, navigate further to the Client Security directory. For Server Security, navigate to the Server Security directory.
- Type in fsscan.exe and add any of the below arguments/options, then press Enter
- The scan will be executed and further details will be returned in the command window
Retrieving information on available options:
C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Client Security>fsscan -?
Usage: fsscan [options]
|--sched, -s||Runs a scan optimized for scheduled scanning|
|--target, -t <target>||Scans the given <target>|
|--report, -r <report>||Writes an unformatted report to <report> file (only with -c)|
|--delete, -d||Deletes all harmful files found|
|--collection, -c||Runs a scan optimized for large collections of harmful files|
|--noflyer, -f||Skip showing scheduled scanning flyer|
|-?, -h, --help||Displays this help|
Scanning a specific directory (downloads directory of the user Foo):
C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Client Security>fsscan.exe -t C:\Users\Foo\Downloads\
Setting up a scheduled scan on a specific directory via Policy Manager Console:
- Log on to your F-Secure Policy Manager Console.
- Select the Policy domain or Host / where you want to edit the policy on.
- In the Settings, select the Manual Scan item
- Go to the table under Scheduled scanning
- Add a new row
- Choose Task Type = Generic
- Edit the Task Type Specific Parameters, for example to scan the downloads directory of the user Foo: C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Server Security\fsscan.exe -t C:\Users\Foo\Downloads
- Exit the table
- Distribute the policy
Article no: 000011456