How do I install a Hotfix?
How to install a Hotfix
There are several types of HOTFIXES. fsfix, jar, and zip.
- FSFIX -> This is for Windows clients. This hotfix can be run on each Windows clients.
- JAR -> This is for Policy Manager deployment. You can deploy hotfix using Policy Manager automatically.
- ZIP -> This contains both FSFIX and JAR, sometimes only one from those. Users need to extract this file.
Internet Explorer may change the file extension for fsfix/ jar to ".zip" This is due to the security setting. When it happens, please change the file extension back to the original one.
[How to install]
- Download the fsfix fix to target machine.
- Double click fsfix.
- Message is shown. Click "Yes" to proceed.
- Wait until installation finishes. You can see message window when it's finished.
- Click "OK" to finish installation.
- Open policy manager console and select "installation"
- Click on "Installation package".
- Click on "Import" and import Jar file.
- Click on "Close"
- Select target PC(or domain) and click on "install package".
- Select package name and click on "OK"
- Deploy policy to targets.
Sometimes, a reboot is recommended. Please reboot your PC, if needed. This message is shown based on your OS status even if the hotfix does not need an OS reboot.
Article no: 000014849