The Banking Protection pop-up banner does not appear when I visit a banking site
This discussion has a more recent version.
When visiting a banking site, the Banking Protection banner or tab does not appear.
To help troubleshoot, do the following:
- Ensure that you are using a supported browser:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox (two latest major versions)
- Google Chrome (two latest major versions).
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not supported due to lack of browser plugin for Edge.
- Check that Banking Protection is enabled in the settings:
- Open Main F-Secure product view
- Choose Settings
- Turn Secure browsing On/Off.
- If the product has been upgraded, restart the computer and try accessing your online bank again.
- Open F-Secure program
- Click on Tools
- Click on Turn off all security features
- Click on Turn on, to activate the program again.
- If you use Firefox:
- Open your browser to check if the browser extension is turned on.
- Select Add-ons from the menu, then click Extensions.
- Click Enable next to the Browsing Protection extension.
- If you use Chrome:
- Select More tools > Extensions from the menu.
- Select Enable next to the Browsing Protection extension.
- If you use Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools > Manage Add-ons.
- Select the Browsing Protection extension, and click Enable.
- If the browsing protection extension is not listed in your browser, you need to reinstall the extension manually.
- On the Antivirus page of the product, click Settings.
- Select Other settings > Browser extensions.
- If you use Firefox or Internet Explorer, click Reinstall extensions.
- If you use Chrome, click Open Chrome Web Store to go the browsing protection extension's page, and then click Add to Chrome.
If it works, then your online bank is most likely not included in our database. In this case, submit your online bank to our Labs for analysis as follows:
- Go to Submit a Sample.
- Under the URL Sample tab, paste in your online bank's web address (URL) into the Sample URL text box.
- Check the "I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results" and fill in the contact form.
- Under URL type, select Banking Protection related issue or problem.
- Under Problem type, select Banking session does not activate when entering site.
- Give your sample a subject and description, and click Submit URL sample.
Article no: 000001080