The RDS Windows sensor does not install. What should I do?
Note: If the operating system is Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2, verify that the KB3033929 Microsoft Security Patch is installed before you install the sensor.
The Windows sensor does not install and the following message appears:
Service 'F-Secure ATP' (fsatps) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services
Follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure that you run the installation as an administrator.
Check the digital signature of the binary:
fsatpl.exe(the file is located under
%ProgramFiles%\F-Secure\ATP), and select Properties > Digital Signatures.
- In the Signature list, select F-Secure Corporation and click <Details>. The dialog that opens should say The digital signature is OK. If this message is not shown, install the certificates as described below.
Check that the following certificates are installed in the system
and are valid:
- DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
- Digicert Assured ID Root CA
- Open the Certificate Management console. You can find this by searching for certificate in Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates.
- Check that both certificates are listed.
- If they are not available or have expired, download them from: https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm