F-Secure FREEDOME stops working on OnePlus phone with Android 9
FREEDOME stops working unexpectedly on OnePlus phones running on Android 9 OS.
OnePlus phones with Android 9 include a battery optimizer which may stop FREEDOME unexpectedly.
Unfortunately, the OnePlus version of Android stops background apps very aggressively. Also, OnePlus has bugs that prevent the settings related to the background apps from working properly.
- On the phone, go to Settings > Battery > Battery optimization.
- Find FREEDOME on the Battery optimization page and change its setting to "not optimized".
- Under Battery optimization, tap the three dots button, select Advanced/Enhanced optimization, and disable the feature.
- Start FREEDOME.
- Tap the Recent apps button on the phone.
- Close the Lock button in the top-right corner of the app.
Some OnePlus phones have also a feature called "App auto-launch". If your phone has this feature, disable it for FREEDOME.