How do I install F-Secure KEY (TOTAL) on my PC?
With F-Secure TOTAL, the number of KEY licenses is determined by your TOTAL subscription. For example, if you have a 5-device subscription, five different users can use KEY on their devices. These five users can then sync their passwords with an unlimited number of devices.
Before you start to install F-Secure KEY on your PC, you need to have your My F-Secure account ready.
Note: If you already have KEY installed and have upgraded to a TOTAL subscription, activate your TOTAL subscription in the KEY app as described in article I already have KEY installed. How do I take KEY into use after upgrading to TOTAL?
- Log in to your My F-Secure account.
- In My F-Secure, select TOTAL apps in the top bar.
- On the My F-Secure dashboard, select KEY.
- Select Install KEY now (or Install on another device).
- Select My device, and click Continue.
- Select This computer, and select Download for Windows.
- Save the downloaded file, find it from your Downloads folder and double-click it to start the installation. The F-Secure KEY Setup wizard opens.
- Select Next to continue with the installation settings.
- Select Next to install to the default folder.
- Select Install.
Note: If prompted for your administrator credentials, enter them and select Yes.
- When the installation is completed, select Finish to close the setup wizard. The F-Secure KEY app opens.
- Select Start using KEY. The Activate window opens.
- When the Name new device window opens, type in the name of your device and select Continue.
- If this is your first KEY installation, select Create Master Password:
- Type in a strong Master Password.
- Repeat the Master Password to confirm it.
- Select Accept and continue. You have now installed KEY on your PC, and you can start entering your passwords and other credentials into KEY.
- To have your passwords available also on your other devices, you need to connect your devices. To do this, do the following on each device:
- On the device, install KEY from our website or a relevant app store.
- Open KEY on the device that already has KEY installed and go to Connect devices. The Connect devices page opens, showing the sync code (valid for one minute).
- On the new device, go to Connect devices and enter this code in the Enter sync code field and select Connect.
- Type in your current Master Password and select OK. From now on, your passwords will be synchronized automatically between these two devices.