How do I transfer a FREEDOME multi-device license?
- FREEDOME subscription code in this format: AAAA-BBBB-CCCC
- F-Secure TOTAL subscription
For FREEDOME subscription code
As an example, if you have a 5-device FREEDOME subscription, and you insert your subscription code on a 6th device, you get the Transfer prompt. Transfer the license as follows:
- Click Transfer, and the following happens:
- All of the licenses available with your multi-device subscription are released from your devices.
- The device on which you are transfering the license, get the first available license from your subscription.
- Your previous devices using the same subscription code automatically get the available remaining licenses when they connect to the FREEDOME servers on a first come first serve basis. If you have installed FREEDOME on more devices than the licenses available with your subscription, the last device to connect to the FREEDOME servers does not obtain a license and remains expired.
- Click Cancel, if you do not wish to transfer a license.
- This ensures that no license is transferred, and FREEDOME continues to work on your other devices.
Note: FREEDOME allows you to perform a license transfer a maximum of 4 times during a 7-day period. When you reach this limit, you are unable to transfer a license for 7 days from the first transfer.
For F-Secure TOTAL subscription
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- Select the FREEDOME VPN tab.
- Locate the device you want to release FREEDOME license from, and select Release license.