How do I set up two-step verification for my F-Secure account?
Before you set up two-step verification for your My F-Secure account:
- Install an authentication app, such as Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile on your mobile device.
- Make sure your mobile device can read QR codes.
We recommend that you use either a PC or Mac to set up this feature.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- Once logged in, select <your name> > Account settings, and then select F-Secure account settings.
- Next to the 2-Step Verification status, select Change.
Note: If you have recently created a My F-Secure account, you first need to confirm your account by clicking on the confirmation link sent to you by email.
- Click on Set up.
- Link your My F-Secure account to the mobile authentication app.
- Open up the app on your mobile device.
- Scan the QR code on the screen or enter a security code in the app manually. You can find the security code by clicking on Show code.
- Generate a code using the authentication app, and enter it in the empty field.
- Click Turn on.
You have now set up two-step authentication for your My F-Secure account.
Important: Save the recovery codes in case you cannot access the mobile authentication app to generate the codes.