Real-time scanning or DeepGuard has detected a file to be malicious. How to submit a sample file to F-Secure labs to find out if it is a false positive?
What if a possibly malicious file has not been detected, how to submit a sample file to F-Secure labs to find out if it is a false negative?
If you suspect that:
- A clean file has been falsely detected as malicious, or;
- A file that is malicious but has not been detected by our software
The sample submission is analyzed by our analysts and the databases will be updated if necessary.
- You can submit the file to our labs for further investigation. To submit a sample file, go to the following page: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-file
- Select the File Sample tab.
- Click Choose File, and attach your sample file.
- Tick the box I want to give more details about this sample and to be notified of the analysis results if you want to receive feedback from F-Secure Labs on the submitted file.
- Note: Subject and description should be written in English.
- Verify that you are not a robot with reCAPTCHA.
- Click Submit sample file.
Article no: 000001812