This article is applicable for the following products: Client Security, Server Security, PSB Server Security, Computer Protection.
A scheduled scan task by F-Secure products does not seem to be created in the user interface, does not start or work. What do I do?
1. When scheduled scan configured in the F-Secure product, it creates a scheduled scanning task in the Windows Task Scheduler. If the scheduled scan does not start, you can verify if the task was actually created in Windows Task Scheduler:
2. If the scheduled scanning task is not found, try re-configuring the scheduled task (e.g. make a change in the scheduled scan, then distribute new policy from Policy Manager, or save and publish the profile on PSB Portal).
- Click Start.
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Select Task Scheduler.
- Select Task Scheduler Library.
- Look for Scheduled scanning task. (or the customized scheduled scanning task name you defined via Policy Manager Console or PSB profile editor)
- Delete the Scheduled scanning task. (or the customized scheduled scanning task name you defined via Policy Manager Console or PSB profile editor)
- Disable and re-enable back the scheduled scan.
3. Try to execute the scheduled scanning task in Task Scheduler manually and see if it works. If not, the scheduled task is disabled via GPO mostly.
4. For Server Security 12.x and PSB Server Security 12.x, try to restart FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) services and verify if the scheduled scanning task works after that.
5. If you enclose the string with quotes, the scheduled scan will not work. Remove the quotes via the Policy Manager Console, distribute the new policy or PSB profile editor, save and publish the profile.
Does not work:
"/t18:00 /b2018-8-1 /rdaily"
/t18:00 /b2018-8-1 /rdaily
6. If the scheduled scanning task can be found in the Task Scheduler Library but is not visible in the application user interface - that is to be expected. Since the task is being configured and scheduled centrally, it is not handled via the end-point protection application, but via Windows Task Scheduler, and in this sense is not configured in the end-point protection application user interface.
- The Windows operating system is up-to-date.
- Ensure that the host remains ON until the scan completes
Article no: 000001990