This article applies to the following F-Secure products: Client Security, Server Security, Computer Protection, Policy Manager, Email and Server Security, SAFE
Steps on running the F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA) reset tool, when the virus definitions are too old or the F-Secure products is encountering a malfunction with the F-Secure Automatic Updates.
Follow the steps below to run the FSAUA tool:
- Download the FSAUA reset tool from the F-Secure website here.
- Move the FSAUA reset tool to the affected F-Secure host (any directory).
- Open an elevated Command Prompt (Administrator).
- Navigate to the directory of the reset tool.
- Run the fsaua-reset.exe (use the option -? to receive information on the usage).
- The tool will clear any present F-Secure Automatic Updates on this host.
- The host will re-download all required F-Secure Automatic Updates and install them.
To verify the status of the updates, you can proceed as follows:
- Open the F-Secure product's interface.
- Switch to Tools.
- Press Check for Updates.
- Verify the list of updates.
Article no: 000001603