This article applies to the following F-Secure products: PSB Computer Protection, PSB Server Protection, PSB Client Security, PSB Server Security
The F-Secure Corporate product installation fails with the error below:
-- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Ultralight_Install, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\PSB\\UltralightInstaller\ul_536.exe, command: --aua-mode=true --install-directory="C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\PSB\Ultralight\\" --product-directory="C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\PSB\\" --doorman-url=dummy --doorman-id=dummy --doorman-hash=dummy
The 1722 error can appear if the F-Secure Ultralight component failed to install. Most likely there are some traces of an old F-Secure product installation on the computer, which then cause issues with a new installation.
Follow these steps to check if the Windows installer service is running correctly:
- In your keyboard, press Windows key + R
- Type services.msc and press Enter
- In the Services window, locate Windows Installer and check if the services are running
- Right-click Windows Installer and select Properties
- Set the Startup type to Automatic
- Click OK
- Proceed to install the F-Secure software again.
If the issue remains after verifying that Windows Installer service is set to Automatic, it's possible that the previously failed installation has left broken traces and it's preventing the new installation to take place. To solve that, run the F-Secure uninstallation tools to remove the previous installation traces.
Note: Kindly take NOTE that the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool (UninstallationTool.exe) uninstalls all F-Secure products installed on your computer.
The uninstallation is complete when the computer has restarted. After the restart, you can retry the installation of the F-Secure product.
- Log on to the computer with administrator rights
- Run the both of these uninstallation tools: UninstallationTool.exe and FSUninstallationTool.exe
- With FsUninstallationTool.exe, you can select which product or components you want to remove
- Click Restart when prompted to remove remaining files
Article no: 000016978