A new version of the endpoint clients is made available and our Early access program participants will start seeing it starting on 22.02.2021. Full availability starts one week later, and as always, takes some days to reach all the customers.
This release makes all different PSB products version 21.2 available (internal version 4.23.1791).
The endpoints get automatically upgraded, without a reboot.
This release introduces new features and fixes so be sure to enable Early access program on some of your computers to try this out:
- Software Updater supports upgrading of running applications better. End users will see a new dialog which lists running applications that are blocking the software update. Users can close running applications and easily retry the update.
- Software Updater does not disable Windows Update Service anymore during installation of updates
- Client protection features can be disabled temporarily.
- Client sends Windows automatic updates state (enabled/disabled) to be shown on portal in Security Parameters.
- Device block alerts can be sent in Device Control per rule. This requires portal side changes as well.
- Network location settings allow to use "url is available" as a location trigger.
- Network installer does not allow invalid "profile-id" parameters anymore and will fail installation if profile-id parameter is invalid.
- Tamper protection has been improved to protect from different "automatic uninstallers". Tamper protection alerts have been improved to send less spam events.
- Product update is postponed while manual or scheduled scan is running or when Connection Control is active.