A new version of the endpoint clients is made available and our Early access program participants will start seeing it starting on 14.01.2021. Full availability starts one week later, and as always, takes some days to reach all the customers.
This release makes all different PSB products version 21.1 available (internal version 4.22.1488).
The endpoints get automatically upgraded, without a reboot.
This release introduces new features and fixes so be sure to enable Early access program on some of your computers to try this out:
- Added a new big feature: network location based settings. You can now configure in profile which settings to turn on and off in which locations. Locations are defined by network parameters. See configuration in profiles in portal for more information (will be available after a portal release).
- Added new automated task trigger: execute on software changes. It allows you to configure tasks to execute when software is installed, updated or removed (will be available after a portal release).
- Added new automated task type: run a scheduled scan (full computer scan) in addition to existing malware scan (will be available after a portal release).
- Application Control: Separated default block rule and default "allow and monitor" rule to better show on portal what caused an alert.
- Disabling UI in profile now hides explorer context menu "Malware scan" as well.
- Tamper protection alerts are not sent anymore when signed trusted application try to open a protected process with full access rights (will be available after a next engine channel update).
- Multiple style changes in product UI