A new version of the endpoint clients is made available. As per the new Early access process, it is available first week for clients with "Early access to client software" setting set on in Portal and full availability starts in one week.
The release of clients makes available these products to install with an appropriate subscription key:
- Computer Protection 19.5 (4.05.1065)
- Computer Protection Premium 19.5 (4.05.1065)
- Computer Protection & Rapid Detection and Response 19.5 (4.04.1065)
- Computer Protection Premium & Rapid Detection and Response 19.5 (4.05.1065)
- Server Protection 19.5 (4.05.1065)
- Server Protection Premium 19.5 (4.05.1065)
- Server Protection Premium & Rapid Detection and Response 19.5 (4.05.1065)
The endpoints get automatically upgraded, generally without a reboot.
This release introduces:
- Custom Restart Postpone for Software Updates. Software Updater reboots introduce more configurability and longer times until a reboot must happen.
- Combined Software Update Reboots. We have added logic for not requiring a reboot for every update separately if combining them is possible.
- Default Block Illegal Sites. We turned on the browsing protection setting to Block Illegal sites by default after analysing its contents in more detail to reflect our recommendation. The category includes child pornography.
- Fixes and Improvements. We have fixes a number of issues, particularly around proxied environments.
Should you notice anything worth a mention or question, we always welcome your feedback.
On behalf of the R&D team working on the endpoint Windows clients,