A new version of the endpoint clients is made available. The release of clients makes available these products to install with an appropriate subscription key:
- Computer Protection 19.4 (4.04.824)
- Computer Protection Premium 19.4 (4.04.824)
- Computer Protection & Rapid Detection and Response 19.4 (4.04.824)
- Computer Protection Premium & Rapid Detection and Response 19.4 (4.04.824)
- Server Protection 19.4 (4.04.824)
- Server Protection Premium 19.4 (4.04.824)
- Server Protection Premium & Rapid Detection and Response 19.4 (4.04.824)
The endpoints get automatically upgraded, generally without a reboot.
This release introduces:
- Concept of Early Access. As per popular demand, we have introduced a change to the way we release endpoint clients. Administrators can set in Portal General Settings | Early Access to Client Software -toggle on, identifying the computers that will receive our product update in advance of the full release. This allows Early access computers receive F-Secure software updates several days before everyone else. We are finalizing the details of how many days we set the limit to, with limitation of allowing max one week delaying. For 19.4 release, availability tomorrow starts only for computers marked for the early access group, and for others the availability starting point moves to next week.
- Start of Support for full range of servers (Citrix, Terminal Server). With this release, we start support for Citrix (excluding the imaging scenarios that require recognizing new license uses as same) and Terminal Server. Also note that SWUP on servers no longer times a restart, but we allow servers their usual restart schedule. Enhancing settings on this is scheduled for next release.
- Redesigned Endpoint Settings User Interface. We have combined our settings user interfaces under one umbrella and worked to address concerns around finding the settings on the endpoint cients that Administrators set on Portal. For example, the two DataGuard(tm) settings are now grouped together.
- Software Updater User Interface. Primarily for convenience for administrators, we have introduced a Software Updater user interface on the endpoint clients. You can find this from Tools view on the endpoint client Main User Interface.
- Fixes and Improvements. Improving Software Updater Exclusions, Software Updater Restart, Installation and functionality in Proxied environments, and Events and Event History (with Show All -function).
Should you notice anything worth a mention or question, we always welcome your feedback.
On behalf of the R&D team working on the endpoint Windows clients,