A new version of the endpoint clients is made available and our Early access program participants will start seeing it starting on 20.03.2020. Full availability starts one week later, and as always, takes a some days to reach all the customers.
The release of clients makes available these products to install with an appropriate subscription key:
- Computer Protection 20.1 (4.12.1368)
- Computer Protection Premium 20.1 (4.12.1368)
- Computer Protection & Rapid Detection and Response 20.1 (4.12.1368)
- Computer Protection Premium & Rapid Detection and Response 20.1 (4.12.1368)
- Server Protection 20.1 (4.12.1368)
- Server Protection Premium 20.1 (4.12.1368)
- Server Protection Premium & Rapid Detection and Response 20.1 (4.12.1368)
The endpoints get automatically upgraded, without a reboot.
This release introduces a lot of new features and fixes so be sure to enable Early access program on some of your computers to try this out:
- We have made significant internal changes to the product structure to support future development. This should not change anything in product behavior but does change where some files or registry entries are located.
- New OS support: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 32/64b
- Various fixes and improvements related to proxy handling, downloading of updates, device control, access control, software updater, browsing protection, firewall and other areas
- Added support for Chromium based Microsoft Edge browser.
- Automated tasks. You can use CRON-like scheduler to run these types of tasks:
- Product update (yes, you can schedule when to update now)
- Malware scan
- Software updater tasks: scan for missing updates, install missing updates
- Shutdown, restart, hibernate
- AMSI (Antimalware Scanning Interface) integration: added option to turn it off, added alerts to show blocks on portal
- Installation improvements:
- RDR Standalone can be installed from the same installer as Computer Protection products.
- You can assign profile during installation using command line.
- Software Updater improvements:
- Added inclusion filters to give admins ability to install only whitelisted updates
- DeepGuard improvements:
- Added setting to disable rare file detection
- Improved DeepGuard status messages for Rare applications ('blocked rare application' over 'rarity: 2, reputation: 0 in alerts)
- UI changes:
- UI look and feel changes.
- Added setting to completely remove auto start of client GUI. Admin can turn off GUI in profile on portal and clients will not see it anymore. It can be used to improve performance in terminal servers and to hide product in environments where it does not need to be seen. Note: user or admin can still launch UI manually from installation folder, when needed.
- Support for hiding proxy section on the client UI with a portal toggle.
- Admin can disable showing of scheduled scan notifications.
- New Scan Wizard that offers better support for various display scaling settings and multi-display setups, while retaining the functionality and look-and-feel of the previous Scan Wizard. With the new Scan Wizard, it is also possible to have multiple manual scanning tasks ongoing at the same time (except for multiple parallel scans in the "system scan" phase).
- New App and File Control dialog (Quarantined, Blocked, Excluded, Protected files UI).
- This dialog allows now to report false positive
- Application Control improvements:
- Flyers show protected path
- Protected filename added to the event history log
- Block events not generated from opening folder without touching files
- Some dialogs show product name as "Computer Protection" when product is not "Computer Protection"