How to increase the logging level (enable debug logging) of a Client Security or Server Security host via F-Secure Policy Manager Console 15.1x and later?
You can increase the logging level via the following setting in the F-Secure Policy Manager Console:
Doing this will enable the following on the Windows endpoint client:
- Log in to the Policy Manager Console
- Select a host or policy domain from the domain tree
- Go to the Settings tab (standard view)
- Go to the Centralized management settings page
- In the Logging section, change the Client logging level to Debug
After enabling debug logging, reproducing the issue and collecting the logs by running the F-Secure Support Tool, you should lower the logging level by switching the client logging level back to "Info" and distribute the policy. When debug logging is enabled, the product will use more resources.
- Full debug logging in the product logs.
- Collect the API tracing log (fssua.opswat_api.log) and debug log (C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Client Security\swup\v4DebugInfo*.log) for the Software Updater feature.
Article no: 000035180