Login to Email and Server Security Web console fails with error "Request failed with Status code 401"
If the Web Console session was opened for a long time, please terminate the current session and start the Browser as administrator to access the Web Console.
The HTTP 401 Unauthorized client error status response code indicates that the request has not been applied because it lacks valid authentication credentials for the target resource.
The administrator needs to ensure that they are using the correct username and password when trying to log in. The username and password are the same as Windows login username and password.
If the issue still remains after making sure you have used the correct credentials:
- Run the setup F-Secure.Ess.Config.exe tool as administrator This tool can be found from C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Email and Server Security\ui\F-Secure.Ess.Config.exe
- Open ems Exchange Management Shell and execute the following PowerShell cmdlet:
- Disable-TransportAgent -Identity " F-Secure Transport Agent"
- Uninstall-TransportAgent -Identity "F-Secure Transport Agent"
- Run the MSI on the target server, this should solve the issue (MSI can be exported from Policy Manager Server, for more info please refer to this Community article)
Article no: 000025603