- After installing F-Secure Policy Manager Server, we are getting this error: The registration cannot be validated. F-Secure Policy Manager Server could not connect to the F-Secure registration server (https://corp-reg.f-secure.com:443).
- We just upgraded F-Secure Policy Manager Server from version 12.xx to 15.xx and we are not able to login to the console, due to this error: The registration cannot be validated F-Secure Policy Manager Server could not connect to the F-Secure registration server.
To use F-Secure Policy Manager for other than evaluation purposes, you need to register your product.
To register your product, enter the customer number from your license certificate when you start up Policy Manager Console.
If you do not register your product, you can only use Policy Manager for a 30-day evaluation period.
Where can I find my customer number for registering my product?
The customer number is printed on the license certificate that you get when buying F-Secure products.
Where can I get my customer number if I lose it?
Contact the F-Secure partner from whom you bought your F-Secure product.
What if I have several Policy Manager installations?
The number of installations is not limited; you can use the same customer number to register all of them.
What should I do if registration fails, saying that my customer number is invalid?
Check your license certificate to make sure that you entered the correct customer number. Otherwise, please contact your F-Secure partner to check your license agreement.
What should I do if registration fails, saying that my customer number could not be validated?
Check your network configuration to make sure that Policy Manager Server is able to access the F-Secure registration server (https://corp-reg.f-secure.com:443).
- Test the connectivity from the same host where F-Secure Policy Manager Server is installed:
- You need Command Prompt and wget.exe to run the following command: wget https://corp-reg.f-secure.com/
- If you use some HTTP proxy, test the connectivity via the proxy: wget http://give the IP address of the proxy here:312
- Try to access https://corp-reg.f-secure.com:443 via Browser
- Test the connection to guts2.sp.f-secure.com from Browser and see if the connection is positive. You will get result:
F-Secure Automatic Update Server. Unauthorized access is monitored and strictly forbidden.
Who should I contact for help?
- If the connection is blocked, make sure you have allowed the DNS names *.f-secure.com and *.fsapi.com to your firewall, as described here.
- If you are using some HTTP proxy, please configure it here fspms.proxy.config. The config file is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Management Server 5\data in Policy Manager Server Host. After the configuration, restart the F-Secure Policy Manager Service.
- For Linux distributions use this command to configure the proxy: /var/opt/f-secure/fspms/data/fspms.proxy.config
If registration issues persist, please contact your F-Secure partner or F-Secure support directly.
Article no: 000003142