- How to upgrade or install F-Secure Email and Server Security 15.00?
- Why I cant push install F-Secure Email and Server Security 15.00 using Policy Manager Console?
IMPORTANT: Push operations using F-Secure Policy Manager Console for F-Secure Email and Server Security respectively Exchange and SharePoint components have never been supported and will continue to be unsupported.
This means that, no push installation is possible for F-Secure Email and Server Security via the F-Secure Policy Manager console. It would be a security risk to share DB passwords / SHP admin credentials over the network and no changes in the installation process.
Note: For the latest F-Secure Email and Server Security 15.00 you need the latest Policy Manager Server: https://www.f-secure.com/fi/business/downloads/policy-manager
Before upgrading, please check the release notes first to make sure your server meets the requirements:
You can download the jar file for version 15.00 from here: https://download.f-secure.com/corpro/ess/ess15.00/fsess-15.00.2785.jar
F-Secure Email and Server Security 15.00 uses new keys for activation. If you don't have the key codes, please contact Customer Care if you need Key codes for F-Secure Email and Server Security premium or Standard.
To perform the upgrade or install the product on clean server:
- local upgrade with MSI you created with Policy Manager
Follow these steps to export the MSI installation package:
1. Log in to the F-Secure Policy Manager Console
2. Go to the Installation tab
3. Click Installation packages
4. Click Import
5. Import the F-Secure Email and Server Security 15.00 Jar file
6. Select the imported Jar file from the Installation packages list and click Export as MSI
7. Run the MSI locally on your Exchange server with the domain admin or the local admin rights
8. Complete the setup by following the on-screen instructions
If you have any questions about the specific configuration, please refer to the Administrator or Deployment guides:
- Policy-based upgrade from Policy Manager
Note: Always use the upgrade feature on the Policy Manager Installation tab to perform this operation.
However, you will need to access the on-premises Exchange server to complete the setup.
Article no: 000029421