I have problems with releasing quarantined attachments within F-secure Email and Server Security Premium. When I try to release attachments (in this case .zip) from graphical user interface (GUI), I get the message that it will be released but the email with the attachment won´t be sent to the recipient´s mailbox.
First restart FQM Service and see if the items are released o their mailboxes
Check the connection to your quarantine:
Note: When you selected the item to release from quarantine, the Quarantine Query Results page displays a list of mails and attachments that were found in the query. To view detailed information about a quarantined content, click the Quarantine ID (QID) number link in the QID column.
- Open your Browser as administrator and access the F-Secure Email and Server Security web Console https://127.0.0.1:25023/
- Navigate to Email Quarantine > Options and click the Test database connectivity
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Email and Server Security\ui Folder on your Exchange Server and run F-Secure.Ess.Config.exe as an administrator.
- Note: You can run this tool to configure SQL database and the quarantine folder. This Tool does not fix broken installation or repair the installation.
- Check permissions for your quarantine as mentioned here https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#business/email-server-security/14.00/en/task_1029D97FD60D473D966814367978FA29-14.00-en
- “F-Secure Quarantine Manager for Microsoft Exchange" service account (SYSTEM by default) should have 'read'/'write'/'change' access rights to remote centralized quarantine (share & folder security tabs).
- "Exchange Servers" or specific Exchange computers/hosts should have 'read'/'write'/'delete' access rights on "Security" and "share" pages
- Open SQL management studio and troubleshoot the following:
- instance is running
- Mixed authentication mode is enabled
- db is existing
- FQM user have rights to write in db (db owner, db creator security admin)
- Open Windows Explorer from target server and make sure that FQM service is be running under Local System account
- Make sure the user performing the setup has the following permissions
- User must be in local "Administrators" group
- User must have access rights to create/configure application in the "Program Files" folder
- User must be able install/configure local services
- User must have rights to run powershell scripts
- User must be a member of "organization management" (could be added in MS Exchange Security group or via Exchange admin center>permissions)
The Query Results page displays status icons of the content that was found in the search:
There can be also some delay, based on how many items were selected, SQL connection speed and system performance.
If all the steps above are confirmed with ok results and the selected item from quarantine is released, but it’s not reaching its origin or destination, then please collect an fsdiag from the server and open a support request.
Article no: 000026995