I have several emails being incorrectly classified by the F-Secure Spam Scanner, how can I submit a sample of the emails to F-Secure for investigation?
If your email messages were incorrectly classified by our Email and Server Security spam scanner, we would like to receive an original copy of the email sample.
It is crucial for us to have copy of the original message sample, so that developer could analyze the full mail hader and do the necessary action to blocked unwanted spam email.
NOTE: Do not edit the original message in any way for meaningful analysis.
Compress the message sample to a .zip format and set a password as below.
Do note that the copy must be sent to the right channel, otherwise, it is rejected by our automated systems.
1. Create a new message and address it to:
- for spam messages which the spam scanner failed to filter.
- for legitimate, non-spam messages which were accidentally filtered as spam.
- for spam that attempts to trick the recipient into disclosing personal, private, or sensitive information (e.g., online banking password).
2. Add the spam sample as an attachment (multiple samples of the same type can be sent in a single submission).
Important! The sample should be submitted with its full header, and if possible, in the message / RFC822 format. For meaningful analysis, do not edit the original message in any way.
- In Microsoft Outlook, drag the sample from your inbox into the composition pane so they appear as an attachment in the new message.
- In other email programs, refer to the product documentation for instructions on how to obtain the full header of an email message using your email program.
3. In the message, provide the name of the F-Secure product used and its version number
4. Submit the sample from a valid, live email address. In rare cases, we may need to reply to you if we have questions.
Article no: 000008306