In Client Security 14.xx or 15.xx it is not possible to change the settings from the local user interface.
The settings are grayed out.
First part is to check, that the setting is allowed to be changed locally via the policy.
In this example, for the F-Secure Firewall module:
On the local client user interface:
- Log on to your F-Secure Policy Manager Console.
- Select the Policy domain or Host / where you want to edit the policy on.
- Go to Settings > Firewall
- Verify that the padlock icon is in the unlocked position
- Distribute the policy
Note: The slider for the Firewall (enable / disable) will remain greyed out and active, when the Windows Firewall is enabled via GPO settings, even if the above steps were taken.
- Open the Settings
- Below the menu on the left hand side you will see the hint that Administrator rights are needed
- After elevating to Administrator rights you are able to edit the F-Secure Firewall settings
Article no: 000026240