How do I install a Hotfix for F-Secure Windows products?
F-Secure product hotfixes can be available in several different formats: fsfix, jar, and zip.
- FSFIX: This is for Windows clients. This hotfix can be run on each Windows clients.
- JAR: This is for Policy Manager deployment. You can deploy hotfix using Policy Manager automatically.
- ZIP: This contains both FSFIX and JAR, sometimes only one from those. Users need to extract this file.
Note: Internet Explorer may change the file extension for fsfix/ jar to ".zip" This is due to the security setting. When it happens, please change the file extension back to the original one.
How to install:
- Download the fsfix fix to target machine
- Double click fsfix
- Message is shown. Click "Yes" to proceed
- Wait until installation finishes. You can see message window when it's finished
- Click "OK" to finish installation
- Open the Policy Manager Console
- Go to the Installation tab
- Click on Installation package
- Click on Import and import Jar file.
- Click on Close
- Select target host or policy domain and click on install package
- Select package name and click on OK
- Deploy the policy (Ctrl + D)
Sometimes, a reboot is recommended. Please reboot your PC, if needed. This message is shown based on your OS status even if the hotfix does not need an OS reboot.
Article no: 000014849