Policy Manager Console runs slow and sometimes, unable to connect to Policy Manager
Make sure your Policy Manager and Policy Manager Console are the same version. Otherwise connection will not work.
If both are the same version it could be due to having very high number of alerts, or very high volume of scanning reports being kept in Policy Manager Server. This would slow down the console.
You may remove some of the alerts, or scanning reports to improve the performance.
If the above mentioned does not help, proceed to do the following:
In case issue remain, you can execute the H2DB recovery tool (...\F-Secure\Management Server 5\bin\fspms-db-recover.bat) in the command prompt window, to repair the H2DB.
- Stop F-Secure Policy Manager Server service.
- Backup the H2DB (...\F-Secure\Management Server 5\data\h2db). DO NOT proceed further without having a working H2DB backup in place.
- Run the database maintenance tool (...\F-Secure\Management Server 5\bin\fspms-db-maintenance-tool.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions to optimize the database.
- Start F-Secure Policy Manager Server service.
- Log on to Policy Manager Console.
Note: Do stop F-Secure Policy Manager Server service before running the tool.
If necessary, you can refer to the read me file (..\F-Secure\Management Server 5\bin\README-recover-db.txt) on how to execute the H2DB recovery tool.
Once you have finish repairing the H2DB using the tool, you can proceed to take the repaired H2DB into used, and start back F-Secure Policy Manager Server service. Try to logon to Policy Manager Console again after this.
Article no: 000010142