During installation of Client Security 14.x we are receiving a notification saying Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
Running the uninstallation tool between attempts has no impact.
This points towards a Microsoft-related issue which can be remedied by renaming a Microsoft folder, running our uninstallation tool and reinstalling Client Security.
To verify this, look for events with ID 997 within the Windows Event Viewer.
Steps to resolve:
- Rename the following folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18_BAK
- Run the F-Secure uninstallation tool:
- Remove any F-Secure folders and files from C:\Program Files (x86), C:\Program Files and C:\ProgramData
- Delete all F-Secure registry entries from the Registry Editor:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Data Fellows
- Re-install F-Secure Client Security onto the host
Article no: 000016801