After installation, user is unable to launch Policy Manager Console and they receive error: "The item referred by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions".
The setup wizard creates the user group FSPM users. The user who was logged in and ran the installer is automatically added to this group. To allow another user to run Policy Manager Console you must manually add this user to the FSPM users user group.
To add users to a group, use the following instructions:
- Click on the Server Manager icon on the bottom left of the Windows desktop
- Select the Tools menu in the upper right, then select Computer Management
- Expand Local Users and Groups
- Expand Groups
- Double-click on the group to which you want to add users
- Select Add
- Enter the name of the user you wish to add to the group, then select Check Names
- You can separate names with a semicolon if you want to add more than one user
- Press OK when complete, then OK again to finish
Article no: 000017207