I would like to register my F-Secure Policy Manager Server which is not connected to a network (offline), how do I proceed?
- Contact F-Secure support by opening a support request (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/support-request)
- Provide the following information for F-Secure technical support to create an offline registration file:
- Account Name
- Customer ID
- Installation ID
- Business Suite license Expiry date
How to obtain Customer and Installation ID:
- Open F-Secure Policy Manager console, and go to Help menu > Registration dialog, or;
- Find the information from the Policy Manager Server installation folder, ...\F-Secure\Management Server 5\Data (Windows) or /var/opt/f-secure/fspms/data (Linux), open the file called upstream-statistics.json using notepad. Customer ID is on line 5 and Installation ID is on line 6.
Once support has provided you with an offline registration file, use the following steps to activate it on your Policy Manager Server
- Copy the offline registration file to the folder F-Secure\Management Server 5\data
- Restart the F-Secure Policy Manager Server services by typing the following command in an elevated command prompt (CMD):
- net stop fsms
- net start fsms
- Copy the offline registration file to the folder /var/opt/f-secure/fspms/data
- Restart the fspms daemon:
F-Secure Policy Manager will be activated until the expiry of your current subscription. After renewing the subscription you need to request a new registration token from support. Make sure to do this some time in advance so that you don't end up with an expired Policy Manager Server.
- # /etc/init.d/fspms restart
Article no: 000001107