Can F-Secure Email and Server Security 12.12, which includes the Content Scanner Server module, be upgraded to F-Secure Server Security 14.x?
F-Secure Email and Server Security and F-Secure Server Security are considered two different products, since Email And Server Security includes the Content Scanner Server module. This means that the upgrade feature in Policy Manager Console cannot be used to upgrade from Email and Server Security 12.12 to Server Security 14.x.
However, a policy-based installation via F-Secure Policy Manager Console can be used to install Server Security 14.x on the target host. The previous F-Secure Email and Server Security 12.12 installation will be sidegraded (uninstalled) by the F-Secure Server Security 14.x installation.
Follow these steps to install F-Secure Server Security 14.x on a host with F-Secure Email and Server Security 12.12:
After the policy has been distributed to the host or domain, F-Secure Email and Server Security will be removed and Server Security will be installed.
- Log in to Policy Manager Console
- Select the target host or domain from the Domain Tree
- Go to the Installation tab
- Click on the Install button on the bottom of Installation tab
- Choose the F-Secure Server Security 14.x installation package (import jar file if needed) and click OK
- Configure the installation package with the help of the installation wizard
- Distribute the policy
Article no: 000018150